Who is Derek Rake?
Is Derek Rake for real? Can you trust him? Or is he just another shady pickup artist “guru” after your money?
This article isn’t meant to pass judgment on the man and his work. Instead, it will introduce you to the following:
- About Derek Rake;
- About Derek’s program, Shogun Method;
- The pros and cons of Derek’s dating advice system; and
- My interview with one of his clients
Then in the end, it’ll be up to you to decide whether or not he’s the real deal.
Who Is Derek Rake?
Derek Rake is the founder of the dating advice system known as Shogun Method.
(Read this Shogun Method review.)
The system which touts to be “the only seduction system based on Mind Control technology.” To date, Shogun Method has about 17,000 practitioners all over the world and growing.
Derek Rake is assisted by five other dating coaches, each specializing in one area of the system:
- Ronald Steven, “Get Your Ex Back” specialist
- Benjamin Damien, “Boyfriend Destroyer” specialist
- Colin Theodore Simone, rapport building specialist
- Aaron Allman, brainwave entrainment engineer / coach
- Shawn Rubin, bootcamps and in-field coach
Perhaps most notably, Derek and his company proudly claim to be “Anti-PUA.” One of the company’s core values is to distance itself from the muck and grime of the pickup artist industry. It claims to do this for the following reasons:
- The vast majority of pickup artist advice companies out there are after profit. They’re not there to help men lead better relationships and better lives.
- The vast majority of the advice these PUA companies give are re-hashed from other sources.
- The vast majority of pickup advice is designed to make you fail at certain points. This then requires you to subscribe to another program or buy another book, etc.
What’s more, Derek Rake is at the spear-tip of the relatively new idea of “mind control seduction.” As a result, he has been featured in several publications, including:
- New York Times
- Marie Claire
- PUA Database
- Calvin Pont’s Lifestyle Coaching Blog
Derek Rake: The Good
The good part is that Derek Rake and his team outline their teachings in painstaking detail. Nothing is hokey, made-up, or designed to make the client fail.
Instead, all of its lessons are founded on established principles in:
- Applied psychology
- Social exchange theory
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Persuasion and influence theory
But as Derek Rake’s work is at the spearhead of a completely new field, he has found it necessary to coin a few new terms. Examples include:
- “Fractionation.” This is the art of putting a woman on an emotional roller-coaster using storytelling
- “The IRAE Model.” These are the four stages which every lifelong relationship should complete in sequence
- “Precondition #2.” Over-projection of interest which is the #1 reason why guys fail
- “Contextual Rapport.” The “bad” kind of rapport which leads to the dreaded friend zone.
- “Enslavement, Not Seduction.” Enslavement is the end goal, not “seduction”.
What Shogun Method Is Designed For
Here’s the ultimate goal of the Shogun Method:
To help their clients dominate their relationships and their partners completely. Or in Derek Rake’s terms, “emotional enslavement.”
As sinister as it may sound, Shogun Method has been proven to be super effective. Its over 17,000 users is the ultimate proof, with many of whom have given glowing testimonials.
Shogun Method’s main advantage over other seduction programs is this: It’s focused on the endgame.
While most PUA advice solves only one problem at a time (and therefore maximizing profits)…
…Shogun Method aims to solve the ULTIMATE problem. And that’s to have a strong, happy, lifelong relationship with a woman of your dreams.
That makes Derek Rake’s system pretty much the last program you’ll ever join if that’s your goal.
How Shogun Method Is Different From The Others
As mentioned above, the end goal for Shogun Method is “enslavement”, not “seduction”.
There’s nothing in this program which is about “picking up women” at all.
This means that if you’re into “one night stands” or the latest tricks in getting phone numbers off girls you meet at random places, you’d probably want to go elsewhere…
Shogun Method is about long-term relationships. Indeed, you might only want to “enslave” one (or two!) women in a lifetime, anyway, right?
Derek Rake: The Bad
Needless to say, Shogun Method is NOT for everyone.
The ideas of “dominating” and “emotionally enslaving” a woman might be too much for some. This is especially true if you have moral values that discourage manipulating women.
It’s also not ideal for men who are NOT looking for a lifelong relationship. For those men, Derek Rake’s lessons may be overkill – like giving a toddler a real gun to play with.
In fact, there’s this story of a guy who used the Black Rose – the ultimate Shogun Method technique – on a woman he was flirting with.
The Black Rose technique is only meant to be used on the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with. But this joker used it on someone he had just met.
As a result, the woman got so emotionally addicted to him that she just couldn’t leave. The guy begged Derek Rake and his team of coaches to help him “un-hypnotize” the woman. He even posted CCTV videos of her coming to his doorstep again and again, begging to see him.
So, here’s the deal…
Shogun Method can be dangerous, cruel, and damaging to women if used by the wrong hands.
Keep this in mind before you buy Shogun Method, OK?
Derek Rake Review (By A Client)
For the purpose of this article, I had gotten in touch with Jonathan, a 33-year old male from Seattle.
Jon had joined the Shogun Method community a few years ago. In his case, Jon was going through an unhappy, unrewarding marriage:
- He was going through a boring routine
- In his own words, “He felt like a lion, but trapped in a cage”
- He felt my wife was not giving him the respect he deserved
- And so on
The only thing that was keeping him from divorcing his wife was this:
His single life was even WORSE than his married life.
So he went to see Derek Rake for help. Within weeks of applying Shogun Method principles, he began to see big changes:
- The overall mood was much happier
- His marriage was much more exciting
- His wife was happier, more respectful, and more supportive of him
- And more
According to Jon:
“I was uncomfortable throughout the whole process, because I used to be a nice guy with high moral values. The idea of manipulating my wife didn’t sit too well with me. I had my well-founded doubts and I almost screwed it up…”
He then added:
“Thankfully, Jeremy, I was able to stick to the plan. And now my marriage is everything I ever wanted it to be. I think it helped that I fit the mold of Shogun Method’s ideal client.”
“It’s for men who want long-term relationships with the woman of their dreams. I can’t imagine this being used properly by kids who want to pick women up at bars or clubs at all.”
Is Derek Rake Or Shogun Method For You?
Simple answer: Shogun Method is NOT for everyone.
Do NOT follow Derek Rake’s system if:
- You’re not in it for the long haul
- You’re just looking to “seduce more women”
- You’re not comfortable with the idea of dominating or manipulating women
- You’re currently happy with the state of your love life
On the other hand, Derek Rake is probably the last coach you’ll ever need if:
- You want to win the woman of your dreams
- You want a strong, happy, lifelong relationship with her
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes – including manipulating and enslaving her
- You’re ready, willing, and able to lead your marriage to the end of your days
So, decide for yourself if you fit into the mold of Shogun Method’s client like Jonathan above.
For more on Shogun Method, click here for the official site.